Is your Mac deader than a possum on the side of the road? Try these tips and if it still won’t start up, please give John a call at 828.777.8639:
1. Make sure the plug is in a live power outlet or battery backup (UPS) or surge strip.
2. Is the battery backup or surge strip plugged into the wall outlet and powered on? I know, I know, but still, check it.
3. Unplug the power cord from the back of the Mac;
4. Press the power button and wait 30 seconds;
5. Plug the power cord back into the Mac;
6. Press the power button on the Mac;
7. Unplug everything connected to the Mac (mouse, keyboard, usb hub, external drive, etc.) and repeat the above steps.
If that doesn’t get your Mac booted-up, it is time to give John a call and make an appointment for a service call from macWorks, inc.—your link to the world of computing!